We are very pleased to be recommended as a leading set in nine different practice areas in the latest legal 500, including three top rankings. We have 117 individual recommendations and 55 barristers recommended across 15 practice areas in this year’s edition. We have 16 new entrants and 18 barristers moving up the rankings.
We have new recommendations for Caroline Pounds, Paul Henton and Ben Gardner in energy and natural resources and for Gemma Morgan in international arbitration. We have new entries in aviation for Emily McWilliams and Koye Akoni. Turlough Stone strengthens our banking recommendations. Tom Bird and Max Davidson are newly recommended in commodities. Guy Blackwood QC is our latest silk to be recommended for commercial litigation. Simon Oakes is in for Pensions, David Semark, Christopher Jay and Emily McWilliams all make this year’s shipping rankings and travel sees new entries for Tim Marland, Mark Stiggelbout and Emily McWilliams.
We are recommended as a leading set for :
- aviation - "'the kings and queens’ of aviation"
- banking & finance - "...invested heavily in the banking and finance arena and now boasts an impressive cohort of well-respected and highly experienced silks and juniors."
- commercial litigation - "Quadrant Chambers has ‘excellent strength in depth’ and many solicitors report they have ‘not felt the need to look beyond the set for commercial litigation work in the past couple of years’."
- commodities - "frankly the range of talent available is now so good it is very strong set in terms of maritime law and commodity trade disputes"
- energy - "simply an excellent set, with a number of strong energy practitioners."
- insurance & reinsurance - "provides an ‘excellent service’ for insurance work and its expertise spans marine and non-marine cases."
- international arbitration - "a popular choice for major arbitrations in the commodities, energy, maritime, and infrastructure sectors, and fields a strong cadre of experienced counsel and arbitrators."
- shipping - "has the ‘strongest consolidated offering of shipping skills at the London Bar’ and offers a ‘very wide range of very able counsel and juniors'"
- travel - "‘highly regarded’ for cross-border disputes and its members are regularly involved in high-profile aviation and shipping-related mandates."