Insolvency issues arise for businesses and clients in any sector. Quadrant Chambers has a well-established reputation in cross-border insolvency disputes in the specialist sectors in which we have in depth knowledge, such as aviation, commodities, energy, insurance and shipping. We have acted in some of the largest insolvencies of recent times including OW Bunkers, Hanjin Shipping, Arik Airlines and Alpha Insurance.
Our sector expertise and experience in cross-border insolvency gives us a unique insight into legal and commercial problems which frequently arise from the interaction of cross-border insolvency legislation and choice of law rules, the law of property, international trade law and international conventions.
Our barristers regularly contribute to the specialist journal ‘International Corporate Rescue’. Here we bring you the Quadrant Chambers Special Edition: Cross-Border Insolvency and International Trade (Vol 2). The special edition looks at how the law continues to develop in this area.
> Download the Quadrant Chambers Special Edition: Cross-Border Insolvency and International Trade (Vol 2).
- Proving for Foreign Currency Debts in a Solvent Administration or Liquidation – Michael Howard QC
- The Collapse of Hanjin Shipping: An English Lawyer’s Perspective – Robert Thomas QC and Jeremy Richmond
- If a Tree Falls in the Forest … Shouldn’t the Saplings in the Clearing Benefit? – Thomas Macey-Dare QC on slots and airlines insolvencies
- Insolvencies in the Supply Chain: Recourse against the Owner of the Goods – Matthew Reeve
- Bakhshiyeva v Sberbank of Russia et al.  EWHC 59 (Ch):Permanent Stays under the Cross-Border Insolvency Regulations 2006 – Jeremy Richmond
- Subrogation Based on Unjust Enrichment: Menelaou v Bank of Cyprus Plc – Claudia Wilmot-Smith
- Unjust Enrichment and the Direct Transfer Rule: Investment Trust Companies v Revenue and Customs Commissioners - Claudia Wilmot-Smith
- Thomas v Frogmore: COMI Factors and Improper Motive Reviewed – Liisa Lahti
- Ronelp Marine Ltd & Others v STX Offshore & Shipbuilding Co. Ltd  EWHC 2228 (Ch) - Joseph England