Simon is the Senior Clerk at Quadrant Chambers. He joined Quadrant in September 2013 from Atkin Chambers, where he was Senior Clerk, having begun his career at 4 Pump Court in 1988.
Simon leads our clerking and administrative teams working closely alongside the Chambers COO, Peter Blair.
With overall accountability for the strategic management and the development of members’ practices, Simon is responsible for the promotion, marketing and administration of Quadrant Chambers, ensuring that both barristers and staff provide a first rate service.
Building and maintaining client relationships is fundamental to the smooth running of Quadrant Chambers’ domestic and international practice. Simon is responsible for all aspects of Chambers’ work and Quadrant Chambers’ activity worldwide, in particular the far eastern market including Hong Kong, South Korea, Malaysia, PRC and Singapore. He travels regularly to these regions to visit clients and contacts, as well as the main domestic regional legal hubs throughout the UK.
Simon is a member of The IBA and the Inter Pacific Bar Association. He sits on the Bar Council International Business Development committee and the Institute of Barristers’ Clerks management committee.
- "Simon Slattery is super star. He always has has a keen eye on development opportunities and gives one a sense of being well-looked after." (Legal 500, 2024)
- "Simon Slattery runs a tight ship and is very smooth and personable." (Legal 500, 2024)
- "Led by the superb Simon Slattery, he delivers the best level of service and knows his barristers (and us) inside and out." (Legal 500, 2024)
- "Senior clerk Simon Slattery is very client-friendly and responsive." (Chambers UK, 2024)
- “Senior clerk Simon Slattery is fantastic and runs a well-oiled team. It’s the best clerking service I’ve come across in many years.” (Chambers UK, 2023)
- “He is brilliant. He is extremely responsive, very collaborative and someone you consider to be part of the team when working on matters involving Quadrant lawyers.” (Chambers UK, 2023)
- "Top rate. Their support and commercial staff are extremely professional and good to deal with also. Simon Slattery is excellent." (Legal 500, 2022)
- "Simon Slattery has been responsive and easy to deal with." (Legal 500, 2022)
- "Very quick to respond and are incredibly helpful in sourcing availability." (Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2021)
- “The client service is excellent. Simon Slattery is user-friendly, responsive and commercially aware. They appreciate the pressures and strains instructing solicitors are under.” (Chambers UK, 2021)
- "Simon Slattery is extremely client focussed and stays on top of the instructions that we give so that he can ensure that we continue to be taken care of." (Legal 500, 2021)
- "Efficient and well run clerking room, with an excellent executive leadership of Sarah Longden and Simon Slattery who run a tight ship." (Legal 500, 2021)
- ..."is accommodating and flexible, suiting the demands of clients in Asia Pacific"... (Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2020)
- "Visits Singapore regularly to introduce and promote the set's barristers." (Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2020)
- ..."easy to talk to and highly practical in his approach"... (Chambers UK, 2020)
- "proactive, engaging and responsive" (Legal 500, 2020)
- "understands client pressures" (Legal 500, 2020)
- ..."the ‘great’ Slattery regularly meets client requirements ‘no matter how unusual some of those requirements might be’"... (Legal 500, 2019)
- "Always working to see how the set can meet the clients' needs; he is very proactive." "Excellent." (Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2019)
- "Particularly good" (Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2018)
- "Extremely proactive and approachable." "Hugely experienced" "Sets a good example" (Legal 500, 2017)
- ..."always tries to find ways to come to a win-win situation"... (Legal 500, 2016)
- ..."very practical and commercial"... (Legal 500, 2016)
- ..."highly proactive"... (Chambers UK, 2016)
- ...“commercially minded and customer-focused”... (Legal 500, 2015 - Asia and UK Guides)
- ...“a great addition to Quadrant Chambers”... (Legal 500, 2014)
- ..."a man you can put your trust in"... (Chambers UK, 2013)
- ...“ good businessman who runs a tight ship”... (Chambers UK, 2012)
- ..."even-handed and upfront in all his dealings”... (Chambers UK, 2011)