We were delighted host our 10th Annual Quadrant Chambers Piraeus Shipping Law Seminar, which comprised of the following talks:
Session 1: A Changing Past – Are Traditional Doctrines Still Valid?
A series of short talks :
- Mishaps and Misdelivery; The “GIANT ACE”  EWCA Civ 569 and other misdelivery issues – Simon Rainey KC and Lydia Myers
- The Trouble with Liens over Sub-Freights – Chirag Karia KC
- Unicredit Bank A.G. v Euronav N.V. – Court of Appeal judgment in respect of misdelivery claims under Bill of Lading contracts – Rob Thomas KC
Session 2: Tomorrow’s Brave New World Today?
A panel discussion on issues the sector is facing which are likely to be the legal problems of tomorrow.
- Decarbonisation – the changing regulatory environment and greener shipping – Poonam Melwani KC
- Lithium-ion battery transportation risks – Nigel Cooper KC
- Arbitration Act Reforms – Paul Henton
- The impact of the Electronic Trade Documents Act 2023, in force since 20 Sept 2023 – Thomas Macey-Dare KC
Thank you so much to everyone who came. Until next year!