Quadrant Chambers is delighted to welcome Robert Ward as a new member of chambers. Robert has accepted our offer of tenancy and will join on successful completion of pupillage in October 2019.
Robert will develop his practice in line with our core areas of work.
Quadrant Chambers holds a pre-eminent position as a leading international commercial disputes set with a strong sector driven approach. We are market leaders with a reputation for excellence in our areas of focus: aviation and travel, banking and financial services, commercial disputes, commodities and international trade, energy and natural resources, insurance and reinsurance, international commercial arbitration and shipping.
During pupillage Robert has sat with Chris Smith, Tim Marland, Paul Toms and Stewart Chirnside, working on aviation, commercial, civil fraud, insurance and shipping matters. He will continue to develop his practice in chambers' core areas.
- Bar Professional Training Course: University of Law (2014-15) - Very Competent
- Postgraduate: Trinity College, Oxford – BCL (2013-14) - Distinction
- Undergraduate: Worcester College, Oxford – BA in Jurisprudence (2010-13) - Distinction in Moderations; 2.1 in Finals
- Secondary School: St Marys RC Comprehensive, Menston, Leeds - 11A* Grades at GCSE; A-Levels: Geography (A*) History (A*) English Literature (A*) French (A*) General Studies (A*) Maths (A)
Awards and Prizes
- Best A-Level results at St Marys
- Undergraduate Scholar at Worcester College
- Hogan Lovells Prize Runner-Up
- Michael and Judith Beloff Scholarship
- Fitzgerald Award, Middle Temple
- Chancery Prize, University of Law
- Robert was a full time as a legal research assistant with the Law Commission as a member of the Commercial and Common Law Team. He was involved was reform of the Bills of Sale Acts. The final report has now been published.
- Robert also worked on a project with the Law Commissioner for Commercial and Common Law, Stephen Lewis, looking at possible reform of the Arbitration Act 1996 in its 20th anniversary year.
- From October 2016 to August 2017 Robert worked as judicial assistant to Lord Justice Longmore in the Court of Appeal.
- From November 2017 to August 2018 he was a freelance County Court advocate with LPC Law, acting in a variety of small hearings such as mortgage repossession cases, landlord and tenant matters, and bankruptcy hearings.
- Bills of Sale, Dear IP, Issue No 69, September 2015 (co-written with Fan Yang)
- Bills of Sale, Law Commission Report No 369