Aviation & Travel
Quadrant Chambers is widely recognised as a market-leading set in the fields of aviation and travel, both nationally and internationally especially in commercial disputes involving entities in the supply chain including financiers/lessors, airlines, maintainers, airports, operators, ground handlers, tour operators and aviation insurers .
Members of chambers have been instructed in most of the most pre-eminent cases and casualties handled in the UK in recent years.
Our highly experienced barristers can deal with matters at any level, including court proceedings, arbitrations, mediations, inquests, regulatory hearings and public inquiries; whether acting as counsel, arbitrators or mediators.
We provide expert advice on:
- Air carrier liability both in relation to individual claims and group litigation
- Disputes concerning title to aircraft, aircraft finance, leasing, recovery and liens, and aircraft/engine recovery
- Maintenance disputes and operating agreements
- General intra-industry commercial litigation
- Product liability, aircraft type design and fleet grounding claims
- General aviation and maintenance disputes, including fatal accidents and serious personal injury
- Air accident investigation
- Tour operator liability and supplier claims
- Insurance and reinsurance coverage issues
- Private international law issues
- Regulatory issues and judicial review
Members have also edited and contributed to textbooks such as Halsbury’s Laws of England, Shawcross and Beaumont: Air Law, and Margo on Aviation Insurance (4th edition).